Visit us on
Facebook
About us
Apparatus
Officers
Personnel
Auxilary
Links
Training
Photos
HIPPA

 
 
 

 

Factoryville Fire Company 
About us

The Factoryville Fire Company is located 17 miles north  of Scranton off of State Routes 6 & 11.   

It supplies fire, rescue, and ambulance service to an area of approximately 172 square miles. We serve approximately 3,293 residents of Factoryville Borough, Clinton Township, La Plume Township. We provide rescue and ambulance coverage to Nicholson Borough, Nicholson Twp., Benton Twp., and parts of Lathrop Twp., and Lenox Twp.   
   
The Fire Company responds to an average of 200 fire and rescue calls and 700 Ambulance calls per year. The Fire Company has mutual aid agreements with 10 surrounding Fire Companies. The active membership consists of approximately 25 firefighters, 20 emergency service personnel, 20 members of the ladies auxiliary, and 10 other volunteers who assist with administrative tasks. The fire co. has attained a 75% rating from the Office of the State Fire Commissioner for having 20 firefighters Certified to at least the Firefighter I level.  The Factoryville Fire Co. has members certified in the following: FF 1, FF 2, Fire Service Instructor 1&2, Fire Officer 1, Basic Vehicle Rescue, Driver-Operator Pumper, Hazmat Operations, EMT, Paramedic,  EMT & CPR Instructor.  
   
The first Fire Company was named "Langstaff", after a family who bought the first chemical fire engine in the late 1800's after a large fire in town. The original Fire Hall was located on College Avenue where PrintEd Products is today. The basement was shared as the fire house and also the town jail. The building burned down, but was rebuilt and used until the 1950's. The Factoryville Fire Company  was chartered in 1931 and purchased their first new Ward La France Fire Truck in 1933.   
   
In the late 1950s and early 1960s, members of the fire company purchased land and built a one story, four truck bay Fire Hall, which we still use today. There was a kitchen, and radio room. All functions that the company had were held in the truck bays. In 1978 the second floor was added.  It was used for meetings, storage and trainings. The second floor was renovated in 1996 with a new full service kitchen and central air added.   It is presently used for all Fire Company functions and can be rented for private functions.  
   
In 2010 the fire co. purchased approx. 4 acres of land on College Ave. in Clinton Twp. to build a new fire hall in the near future.  
   
The fire co. operates six pieces of apparatus.  They include a 2007 KME Predator Panther Engine, 2004 International/4 Guys 2,000 gallon Tanker, 1985/1994 Hahn Saulsbury Rescue Truck, 2013 Chevy G-4500 Road Rescue Ambulance, 2004 F-450 Brush Truck, and a 2013 Polaris Ranger 6x6 with a Kimtek Fire/EMS slip in unit. 
   
New members are always welcome!   
   
Drill sessions are held every Sunday from 11am-1pm & Monday from 7pm-9pm at the Factoryville Fire Hall.  
   
Business Meetings are held the 1st Tuesday of the Month at 7:30pm at the Fire Hall.   
   
Attend one of the meetings to find out how you can become a member of the Factoryville Fire Company.   
   
Or, for further information, you can call the Factoryville Fire Company at (570) 945-5769.   

 

All Rights Reserved.  Use of any,  photos, text or graphics is expressly prohibited 
without  the permission of the Factoryville Fire Company